Thursday, May 2, 2013

What I'm Getting You All For Your Birthdays*

So, this movie is a thing.

Featuring such stellar women's advocates as Phyllis Schlafly and the Ladies Against Feminism, one review of the movie, The Monstrous Regiment of Women, purports:
 "Today, the feminists are our monstrous regiment. Feminists tell women not to submit to a husband, to avoid having children, and that they should listen to their inner voice and chase a career to find true fulfillment. This twisted and irrational teaching has led to disaster for American women, leading many into a frustrating, isolated existence."
I think my fave part about this movie's Amazon page is that 3 out the 4 reviewers giving it 5/5 stars are men.  The movie was also written by a man. Ha ha ha, of course! Can we get a conflict of interest up in here?


Related: RationalWiki's entry on the movie.


(*Just kidding. But if someone sent it to me, I would definitely review it!)

No comments: