Friday, June 20, 2008

"Deep" Thought #18: "I Kissed a Girl" Is Kinda Lesbian

You have to at least appreciate fundamentalists for their keen ability to pick up on subtleties. In a recent article on conservative news source OneNewsNow, writer Charlie Butts writes of the popular Katy Perry song "I Kissed a Girl":

"Top 40 rock stations are playing a song by an upcoming star that has lesbian undertones."

Were it not for Mr. Butts' sharp ability to pick up on the so very subdued lesbionic meaning of a woman singing "I Kissed a Girl," and repeating the lyric "I kissed a girl and I liked it" a total of 6 times, it is quite possible that a generation of impressionable young girls would unknowingly latch onto this super-covert hidden message telling them that lesbian experimentation is okay.

Now we all know.

Thank you Mr. Butts for being on top of the situation. Everyone, "I Kissed a Girl" has lesbian "undertones." Deep thoughts.


Also notable is that the article ends with a quote from a Concerned Woman for America who paraphrases the Bible:

"Stolen bread tastes sweet, but it turns to gravel in the mouth."

Wait, wait a minute.

Yes.

Thought so. My senses are picking up undertones of a complete non-sequitur-WTF-are-you-talking-about here.

No comments: